Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Sequel

Wow, here I am again two years later. I almost forgot I had this blog. Let me bring everyone up to speed: I've skipped back over the pond and have developed a fondness for San Francisco that can only result from my many years of misery here. To keep us in the present, I shall provide a brief account of the recent past:

1. Came back to SF in July 2005, and got myself a nice comfortable day job whilst trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing with my life.
2. My relationship went down a serious route, took a detour, and we ended up diving off a cliff. No one survived. Bummed around a while, contemplated relocating, but decided to stick to SF this time. Something inside tells me fortune is found out West, where the Sierra Mountains and the Pacific Ocean meet, where hills are streets and wind is friend and not foe.
3. Started a part-time gig as a consultant for my friends' non profit and am working OT like a madwoman, but this is something that I love, and propelled me finally to apply for a business license. I'd like to think of it as "a license to kill" all the idiocy in my proximity.

Now that you're sufficiently up to snuff with my goods:

Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 10:24pm
Jeez Louise, my oven-fried chicken smells fantastic! I got this basic recipe and tinkered with it a little. When it called for breadcrumbs, I used panko. Where it stated Tabasco, I poured Sriracha. Mmmm-mm! All for little ol' me. One of the great joys in my life these days is creating immaculate meals or trying new recipes. From all the years of pasta in red sauce, simple salads and stir-fried vegetables, I've developed a new found interest in complication, which reeled in enough determination to follow through on things. Honestly, you can't give up on a roast even if you realized you forgot to include pivotal ingredients after it's been shoved into the oven...you make up for it somewhere else: create a sauce, add stronger side dishes, whatever suits your fancy to make it great again.

Also, nothing gives me greater pleasure than to dine at fine (and when I say "fine" I use that in the looses of terms) establishments and understanding the process, details and knowing deep down that I could probably turn out something similar if not better. Tee hee.

So, what to expect from this blog now?

1. More lists. I like writing them, and I like reading them. So there.
2. More about cooking.
3. More art/film/music reviews. Damn I hate myself. I've become THAT girl.
4. Great insight, less retardation.
5. And anything else I damn please.
6. Pics.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Reading this made me realize that we haven't seen each other for over a year. Glad to visit with you in the blogosphere, anyway. Keep them coming!