Thursday, October 30, 2008

Iron Chef Competition

This Saturday, I'll be cooking against two other foodies at Bloomingdales in an Iron Chef competition. Needless to say, I am very excited. So much so that I went to Whole Foods tonight, bought the ingredients that I'd be using during the competition and practiced this evening using a borrowed waffle iron. The thought of doing a cooking demo in front of a few well-known chefs tickles my ribs.

By cooking and figuring out plating issues prior to the competition, most of the major issues were resolved, and the recipes turned out pretty well. I am going to make a triple decker breakfast sandwich from pumpkin waffles, with bacon, tomato and cheddar. I'll also serve some ginger-orange yogurt on the side.

Wait, have I told you how excited I am?

Here are some photos from tonight:





No comments: