Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Frisee Salad and Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus

I've been spending a lot of time with my man, but tonight, I had to work a little OT at the office, hit the gym (literally, I just started doing my punches and kicks with the bag at the gym again. My knuckles are bruised and a little bloody, and it makes for difficult typing, but it's all worth it).

When I came home, I wanted to reward myself with asparagus and spanish anchovies. However, not together. Something fresh and spring-like. Something satisfying without too much carbohydrates.

So, I made a frisee and raddichio salad with spanish anchovies marinated in a lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. I just tossed the salad in white balsamic vinegar. I mixed the lemon juice, minced garlic, freshly chopped oregano, olive oil and some chili pepper flakes and then threw in a few anchovies to marinate. Then, I spooned the anchovies on top of the salad, making sure I had extra marinade spill onto the salad.



With the asparagus, I roasted them in the oven with olive oil and sea salt. Then, I wrapped prosciutto around every other stalk and laid them onto a plate. A little lemon juice drizzled over the asparagus, then grated pecorino romano, fresh ground pepper, and a sprinkling of chopped fresh leaf parsley. Finally, I boiled two organic eggs and placed them on top of the asparagus.

2 comments:

Ima said...

I can't believe the stuff you whip up for yourself for weeknight dinners. May, you are amazing. My average weeknight dinner is hummus spread on sourdough toast and topped with chopped tomatoes! I feel so inadequate now. TEACH ME!

The Saveur said...

girl, you don't need ME to teach YOU how to cook. you have the gift as well.